The Oracle Australia and New Zealand Middleware and Technology Blog.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Let's hear it for those ACEs!


The appointment of yet another Oracle ACE Director in ANZ - Richard Foote and - brings the local number that I am aware of to 12 (out of a global 198) and this seemed a good opportunity to sing the praises of this important group of professionals.

According to the Oracle Technology Website, "Oracle ACEs and Oracle ACE Directors are known for their strong credentials as Oracle community enthusiasts and advocates, with candidates nominated by anyone in the Oracle Technology and Applications communities. The baseline requirements are the same for both designations; however, Oracle ACE Directors work more closely and formally with Oracle in terms of their community activity."

(For more, go to here:

But I think a better description is Richard's own at his blog:

"An Oracle ACE Director is someone who is not only recognised for past efforts and achievements but is also willing to commit themselves to ongoing participation and involvement in assisting the Oracle community."

Those who followed our Openworld blog posts would have seen that some of our Oracle ACEs in Australia are very active in the blogopshere - namely Chris Muir , Marcel Kratochvil and Alex Gorbachev and now Richard Foote himself.

But others of note include Connor McDonald, Dennis Remmer, Martin Power, Penny Cookson, Steve Adams, Steve Button
Tony Jambu and Francisco Munoz Alvarez - many of whom are well known names in the ANZ Oracle community.

These guys really are the elite of the Oracle Technology world and those fortunate to meet with them or see them present will be aware of the great value they bring the community with their extensive experience and understanding of Oracle Technology products and solutions. Its worth taking a moment to recognise the huge effort they make - above and beyond the call of everyday duty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Carl,

Thank you for mention me on your note. I just finished this week my conference tour over Australia and NZ thanks to AUSOUG and NZOUG. This was a great experience and I'll be happy to repeat it next year if invited again.

I want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to several excellent people and professionals I met on my tour like Chris Muir, Connor McDonnald, Tim Hall, Martin Power, Penny Cookson, Gareth Roberts and many other people that made this a fantastic experience.

I'm always open to help anyone with any question or problems regarding Oracle Database, just contact me on my blog www.oraclenz.com and I'll be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Francisco Munoz Alvarez